Anybody going to be playing SoTA?

exactly that!

by Twiztid » Jul 28 2016, 4:09 am

Just wondering if anyone is interested in Shroud of the Avatar? The final wipe is happening tonight at midnight, and after that the game will be in a persistent state. When this game was first announced 3 years ago, I made a donation to it's Kickstarter page, and for that I was rewarded with several different house and castle deeds.

I still have yet to really log into the game to check out what it's all about, so I'm not sure how the game has progressed, but I've heard pretty good things. The last time I actually logged in was that one time like 2 years ago with Sendog when the game was still in pre-alpha, but I think I will be logging in after the wipe just to place a castle.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has any plans to play this, or is thinking about it. Because of my very early pledge to the game, I do have a bunch of rewards like houses/mounts/special items etc... That I would be more than happy to either put towards guild use or just donate to members.

At this point I'm not even sure how much effort I'll be putting in. But things have settled down with my life a bit, and I've been looking to get back into some MMO gaming. I've heard some good things about GV as well.

Anyways, lemme know
Good to see u guys again!
Twiztid

by Nefarious-SiN » Jul 28 2016, 5:58 am

everyone say's not worth it, but i'm still curious about it. If we had some folks play I would hop in.. Would even go as far to get the 275 package so I can get a tax free lot, and house..
[SiN]AceTheFlame: turn the lights off and the only thing left is just the mouth and your imagination
Nefarious-SiN
Core

by Twiztid » Jul 28 2016, 8:10 am

Well I just read that the Pledge rewards actually stack the higher up you go, and surprisingly this includes the housing... So since I got in on the ground floor, apparently I'll be starting the game with a total of 16 house deeds. If you can believe that.... LOL

So I would be more than happy to donate houses to guild members

I got a chance to play for about an hour tonight before the final wipe and it seemed pretty cool. Definitely didn't play long enough to get a feel for the game one way or the other.
Twiztid

by L-C-SiN » Jul 28 2016, 12:36 pm

a
Last edited by L-C-SiN on Mar 30 2017, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
L-C-SiN
Core

by Nefarious-SiN » Jul 29 2016, 12:36 am

gonna grab the normal version save me a house ;-)
[SiN]AceTheFlame: turn the lights off and the only thing left is just the mouth and your imagination
Nefarious-SiN
Core

by Twiztid » Jul 29 2016, 1:09 am

Hey L-C! What's up? how you been? Long time no see!

Those were some pretty harsh comments lol... I guess I just got ahead of myself, when I heard the creator of UO was making a successor to the game, I got wrapped up in all the great memories from UO and didn't even really question making a pledge. Luckily enough people still seem interested in it that I can sell my founders account and make my money back if I wanted. The people on the forums all seem to be pretty happy with the progression so far. I'll probably still give it a shot as long as nothing else comes along, I haven't been around for a while so I'm not up to date on the current/upcoming games. I've heard pretty damn good things about Albion as well.

And absolutely Nef! As long as I haven't sold my account, you can have your pick of houses =P
Twiztid

by AceTheFlame-SiN » Jul 29 2016, 4:07 pm

LOL those comments!
AceTheFlame-SiN
Core

by shrike-SiN » Jul 30 2016, 3:28 pm

Play it, try it out, see how you like it. Don't depend on random people you don't know to tell you how good a game is.
shrike-SiN
Core

by Zoe-SiN » Jul 30 2016, 7:14 pm

shrike-SiN wrote:Play it, try it out, see how you like it. Don't depend on random people you don't know to tell you how good a game is.

This.
Zoe-SiN
Core

Return to General Discussion